BODO MUCHE STUDIO - FOUNDRY
Bodo Muche Studio – Foundry was established by artists Bodo and Robyn Muche in 1978.
Under the direction of Robyn Muche, together with daughters Carley Muche Walker and Tania Muche and in collaboration with their team of artisans, the Studio produces the art works of Bodo Muche Studio.
- In Situ
Process – Original
- Concept and design
- Sketch in two or three dimensions
- Original sculpture modelled in clay and wax.
- Bodo Muche Studio logo stamped into wax
- Maquette or finished size of the completed sculpture
Unique and Numbered Editions of original sculptures are hand crafted in bronze or stainless steel by Lost Wax Casting.
Process – LOST WAX CASTING
- Mold of silicone rubber made of original sculpture
- Wax melted & poured in negative impression of mold to form positive model
- Finished wax coated eight times with liquid ceramic slurry
- Ceramic slurry forms hard Ceramic Shell around wax, capturing the detail of the model
- Ceramic shell fired in kiln, wax is melted and “lost” running out of the kiln to be later recycled.
- The Ceramic shell containing negative impression reheated in kiln
- Molten bronze poured in to the Ceramic Shell forming positive in rough cast metal
- When cool ceramic shell chipped/sandblasted away to reveal new bronze cast of the entire original in the case of a small sculpture or in pieces to form a large hollow form.
- Sculpture “fettled” ie. welded, joined, retextured as required
- Bronze surface heated with blow torch, chemical patina applied to achieve desired colour and tone and effects before polishing and sealing with a coat of wax
- Finished as a freestanding work or combined with a custom base as required
- Sculpture signed and numbered
- Bronze heated, chemical patina applied onto surface to achieve desired colour and tone
- Sculpture polished as required and covered with a coat of wax
- Finished sculpture signed and numbered.
Process – ORDERING
Following discussion, invoicing and confirmation of an order, payment may proceed by Transfer, Visa or PayPal.
Process – SHIPPING
Secure packing and shipping world wide.